Today we have a guest post from one of our partners, Darren is one of the Directors at Duco Digital and works with companies to provide a full digital marketing solution, check them out at their website. Duco Digital
Did you know shoppers spend up to 40% more money with brands who interact with them on social media?^ and 95% of adults between the ages of 18 and 34 are likely to follow a brand on social media?^^
Social media is a quick and easy marketing tool every organisation should be using but it can have a few challenges as Darren Winter, Company Director of Duco Digital explains.
He says “Very often individuals give up just a short way into their social media journey because they get frustrated at the lack of progress, run out of ideas, get side tracked by other projects or do not allow enough time.”
Building a loyal follower base on social media needn’t be difficult or cost too much time or money so Darren has listed his top 9 rules everyone should follow to get started successfully on social media:
Follow Darren’s 9 Rules for Successful Social Media Marketing
- Define or get to know your audience. Who are they? Where are they? What do they do? Understand your USPs and brand values and digitally research your sector.
- Pick one or two social channels to get started. Don’t choose what’s easiest for you, pick the best channel to reach your audience. If your clients are in the B2B sector rather than B2C then you should be using Twitter and Linked In rather than Facebook.
- Define your social media objectives. Understand what results you want to see and in what timeframe.
- Be honest with yourself. Do you need training on the social media platforms?
Seek a short ½ day training session from Duco Digital for a small cost and leave full of ideas, research, creativity, knowing the best hashtags and how to move forward with a plan with all your questions answered. This saves you so much time and money.
- Craft your messages. What news, stories and content do you want to share?
- Create a schedule of the times and days you want to post – at least 3 times a week to get started.
- Craft and design engaging ‘evergreen’ (all year round) messages using online tools such as Canva or Adobe Spark. Video content can see the best returns for engagement with research showing 73% consumers are more likely to purchase after watching an explainer video.^^^ Silver Lining Animation can create a neat package of video content which is ready to post straight away and can be used on social media banners, posts, websites pop-ups, videos, GIFs…
- Be social. If you want to be a thought leader in your sector and want your content to be shared – engage with the community.
Get involved liking and sharing appropriate content from others which makes your channel less all about you and more interesting.
- Be patient. To create a strong follower base of loyal customers takes time and consistency, but once built, these customers may become your next brand ambassadors, promoting your business for you.
Do you have any tips or strategies you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below.